Last Updated: January 25, 2023
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
While it is perfectly possible to visit and browse the Spoutible Platform without disclosing any personal information, if you choose to actively engage by registering your account, you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information including your full name, email address, date of birth, phone number and geographical location. We may also collect some additional information from and about your computer like your IP address, web browser type and version, operating system type and version, location information etc. If you are accessing our services through a mobile handheld device, we may request access or permission to certain system information including your mobile device ID number, model, manufacturer, wireless carrier etc. We may also collect further information about you when you request customer support, sign-up for text alert, emails or newsletters, or otherwise communicate with us. If you wish to change any of the access permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Other than this, we may also receive or collect information about you from third parties when we use an outside service provider to display advertisements. Where these ads contain cookies that store your personal information, your personal information may be collected and stored on our servers with other information we may have already received or collected from you. Such personal information is used to serve relevant ads to you and is based on items that may be considered personal information under the law, such as your IP address, browser type, time and date, and subject of advertisements clicked or interacted with, but that may be anonymized or non-personally identifiable information. Usually, we collect non-personally identifiable usage data involving advertisements you respond to (by clicking or muting); pages of our Platform that you visit; the date, time, frequency, and duration of those visits; posts and comments that you engage in during your visits; the particular features of our Platform that you use etc. We also collect information about the content you upload or share on the Platform and maintain backup copies for backup and data redundancy purposes.
No part of our Platform is directed towards children below 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years without verification of parental consent, we will promptly delete that information from our database. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years, please contact us at email@example.com.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We will securely process your personal information and use it for administration and operation of Spoutible, including but not limited to the following purposes –
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your Account.
- To provide and improve the Platform and to develop new products and services.
- To customize and personalize the advertising and other content we deliver on the Platform and on other services offered by our publishing partners.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as distributing electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in surveys and public forums.
- To send you information that you requested or agreed to receive.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on the Platform and to notify you of administrative information, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
- To invite you to participate in events or special promotions related to products we think you may like or in which you may be interested.
- To advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications and advertisements.
- To allow our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- To enable third parties to carry out technical and logistical functions on our behalf.
- To notify you about any changes to our services.
Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us directly with a request that we cease using your personal information or by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in any electronic communications you receive from us.
Any personal information that we process will be stored on a secure server behind a firewall. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the processing. Where you have registered and provided your consent to receive communications from us, then we will retain your personal information for this purpose until your consent is withdrawn.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations as follows:
- Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including email delivery, hosting services, data analysis and marketing assistance.
- Third-Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Spoutible Platform. These companies may use information about your visits to our website and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Third-Party Marketing Communications
With your informed consent (opt-in) we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- Third-Party Business Partners
We may share information with our subsidiaries, successors, or related companies for the purposes described in our respective privacy policies, and to offer, provide, and improve services and products.
- By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We may also need to transfer some of your personal information in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
We do not sell any personal information under any circumstances whatsoever. We disclose only that personal information that is necessary for the third party to deliver their specific service and we take all reasonable measures to ensure they keep your information fully secure and not use it for any purpose other than the one under which it was disclosed. All third parties are carefully screened so we can ensure that there are adequate controls in place in accordance with applicable laws.
- INFORMATION STORAGE AND SECURITY
The personal information collected and processed by Spoutible at our offices and data centres are held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the appropriate data protection laws as and where applicable. Spoutible has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Whilst we strive to use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal information which might expose you to serious risk. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit and informed consent.
- INFORMATION RETENTION AND TRANSFER
Spoutible may retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. Typically, we retain your account information for as long as your account is active. We will cease to retain your personal information, or remove the means by which the information can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which it was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes. All third parties are carefully screened before transfer of any personal information, so we can ensure that there are adequate controls in place and, where relevant, that such third parties are fully compliant with the applicable laws. In case any of any international transfer of personal information, Spoutible takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the applicable data protection laws.
- ADDITIONAL RIGHTS
You have full control through your account settings regarding your personal information that is made available to us and how we use it. In addition to that, according to the applicable data protection laws, you also possess a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These rights include
- The right to be informed - You have the right to be informed about how and why your personal information is being collected or processed by us.
- The right to access – You have the right to request a copy of your personal information currently being collected and/or stored by us.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
We are committed to upholding these rights at all times. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send us a request that (a) provides sufficient detail to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information, and (b) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it as soon as possible. Please note we cannot respond to requests that do not adequately meet the above criteria.
As per the applicable laws, Spoutible has a “Data Protection Officer” (DPO) who is responsible for all matters relating to privacy and data protection and they can be reached at –
Attn: Spoutible Data Protection Officer
442 5th Avenue #2107
New York, NY 10018
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article